English language requirement. Professional regulation for Skilled Workers

Under the points-based immigration system, to get your Skilled Worker Visa, you must be awarded 70 points in total, 10 of which mandatory points for showing English language ability on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in all 4 components (reading, writing, speaking and listening) of at least level B1 (intermediate).

You will meet the English language requirement if you are being sponsored to work as a doctor, dentist, nurse, midwife or veterinarian, and have passed an English Language assessment which is accepted by the relevant regulated professional body as a requirement for registration.

If you want to apply for a Skilled Worker Visa and need my specialist advice, feel free to contact me. Please note that I am an accredited immigration adviser, not an employee of the UK Visas and Immigration. I charge fees for the advice provided.