English language requirement. GCSE or A Level English

Under the points-based immigration system, to get your Skilled Worker Visa, you must be awarded 70 points in total, 10 of which mandatory points for showing English language ability on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in all 4 components (reading, writing, speaking and listening) of at least level B1 (intermediate).

You will meet the English language requirement if you have a GCSE, A level, Scottish National Qualification at level 4 or 5 or, Scottish Higher or Advanced Higher, in English (language or literature), that was awarded by an Ofqual (or SQA, Qualifications Wales or CCEA) regulated awarding body, and following education undertaken in a UK based school which began while you were aged under 18.

You must prove this by either a certificate from the awarding body, or an official transcript issued by the awarding body.

If you want to apply for a Skilled Worker Visa and need my specialist advice, feel free to contact me. Please note that I am an accredited immigration adviser, not an employee of the UK Visas and Immigration. I charge fees for the advice provided.